Louisiana also doesn't have anyone focusing exclusively on this area.  We have someone who coordinates this area along with other responsibilities.  The salary range is comparable to that of a full agent. - Ann

From: Extension Service Personnel Officers in the Southern Region [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Donna Rothberg
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 11:06 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: State 4-H Shooting Sports Coordinators

Mike,

We don't have anyone who focuses exclusively on State 4-H Shooting Sports. The following position encompasses both our wildlife management and shooting sports programs:

Program Associate - Wildlife Management

*         Provides educational leadership and assistance in the areas of fish and wildlife ecology and management. Works as part of a team to assist in educational programming regarding wildlife incentive programs, integration of wildlife education into new and existing programs, nuisance wildlife control and wildlife/urban interface, and economic and recreational aspects of wildlife.

*         Coordinates the Arkansas Acres for Wildlife Program.

*         Coordinates the Arkansas 4-H Shooting Sports Program. Recommends and administers policies and procedures. Develops program guidelines for counties to follow. Conducts instructor certification program annually. Develops informational materials and brochures for use in the program. Provides lesson plans and instructor notebooks to each certified instructor upon completion of the training program. Selects participants for certification training from written applications.

*         Provides orientation of county Extension staff for the 4-H Shooting Sports Program. Initiates and assists with resource development in partial support of programming. Develops and promotes statewide events and activities. Approves certification and re-certification of instructors. Identifies funding sources and develops resources. Maintains a database of 4-H certified instructors trained through the program.

Hope this helps. See you soon! Donna

Donna Rothberg
Director of Human Resources
University of Arkansas - Division of Agriculture
Cooperative Extension Service
2301 South University Avenue
Little Rock, AR  72204-4940
www.uaex.edu<http://www.uaex.edu>