From: Hussein, Sara Adel [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2012 11:22 PM
Subject: Come get to know Middle Eastern Student Association

Hello,

I am happy to announce the formation of a new campus organization, the Middle Eastern Students Association (MESA). The club aims to bridge those who are from the Middle East and those who are interested in learning about the region through an interactive forum. Through various events on campus this year, we hope to cultivate a greater understanding of the diverse cultures of the Middle East and privide an outlet for public discussion of events in the Arab world.

MESA's general interest meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 4th, at 7 PM in the International House great room. We welcome you to attend our event and hope that you share our invite with your friends and students! There will be Arabic refreshments provided!

Attached you will find the flyer for MESA's first meeting.

More info on the organization:

The purpose of the Middle Eastern Student Association is to create an interactive forum that organizes social, political, and cultural awareness events to atrophy stereotypes and serve as an accurate representation of the Middle East where members can explore the political, cultural, and social aspects of the region. UTK offers a most fitting environment for establishing a forum where those from the Middle East, those who are interested in learning about the region, and the vast international community may interact and learn. MESA will serve as a beacon of understanding which is integral in creating peace and instilling tolerance for one another, locally and globally.

Hope to see you there,

Sara Hussein
Founder and President of MESA
University of Tennessee