Greetings from the Departmental Newsletter Committee –

We are going to change up the format of the next newsletter.  Our goal is to put out a product that is newsier, human interest oriented and targeted toward an alumni audience.   We will not be including  bios as we have done in the past, so you are off the hook for those.  However, we will still need content contributed by undergraduates, graduate students, faculty and alumni.  Following are four areas of priority for the newsletter:

·        Successful and/or Interesting Alumni Profiles

·        Major News Stories Related to the Department (for example Neal Lineback receiving the Distinguished Alumni Award)

·        Students (Grad and Undergrad) in Action

·        Faculty in Action

We request that everyone send to up to three suggestions for short to medium length news stories, targeted to the priorities above, that the individual could contribute to the newsletter.  Bulleted lists are fine as are short abstracts.  We want to get an idea of the content available to us before we ask people to invest time in writing and digging up pictures.  Your suggestions should be sent to Kurt Butefish at [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] no later than Monday, September 24th.

Thank you for your attention to this request.

Madhuri, Carol and Kurt