Dear Geography Faculty, Staff, Graduate Students, and Undergraduate Students:

The Department of Geography is in the process of revamping its newsletter and we need your help.  The Newsletter Committee is seeking to (re)name the newsletter.

Right now, our newsletter is simply called "UTK Geography."  That's not bad, but it would great to come up with a title that will grab people's attention, be memorable, and make a connection with the study of Geography and/or the University of Tennessee.  Picking a good title/name for the newsletter is important for marketing purposes as well as crafting an organizational identity.

The Department of Geography is holding a contest to name the department's newsletter.  All entries will be judged by members of the Newsletter Committee and the winning entry will receive a $25 Starbucks gift card (donated to us by anonymous donor).

Entries should be emailed to Kurt Butefish[log in to unmask]) by Wednesday Sept. 12.

You will be hearing from Mr. Butefish soon about other ways in which you can contribute to the newsletter.

Thanks,

Derek H. Alderman

Professor & Department Head