New Look for UBC iSchool Website
We are pleased to announce the release of the newly redesigned website of The iSchool at The University of British Columbia, more formally the School of Library, Archival and Information Studies. Our new design incorporates our new brand as an iSchool, promotes upcoming events and alerts our community to news from the iSchool. At the same time, it continues to provide access to all the important information needed by students, applicants, faculty and alumni. Finally, the site boasts a clean and elegant look with better functionality, using the UBC-wide drop-down menus as well as quick links on inside pages. Incorporating the UBC branding into the iSchool site reminds visitors that we offer an award-winning faculty within a world-renowned research institution, located in one of the world’s most beautiful cities.
(If the link above doesn’t work, go to www.slais.ubc.ca.)
Faculty Research Hailed as "On the Radar" in American Libraries
UBC iSchool faculty member Dr. Victoria Lemieux's work on visual analytics recently caught the attention of American Libraries. Her research was described as a new direction for LIS schools and graduate work, in an article by Beverly Goldberg examining What's New in LIS Schools. Mentioned in the final section in the article is Dr. Lemieux's work with Dr. William Wong of University College London researching the use of visual analytics in risk analysis of financial systems. You can find the article at http://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/features/08212012/what-s-new-lis-schools.

--
Michelle Mallette MLIS
Student Services Coordinator | School of Library, Archival & Information Studies