The University of Oklahoma School of Library and Information Studies is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Kyungwon Koh to our faculty as an Assistant Professor. Children and adolescents in our digital society define Dr. Koh’s main area of expertise including her dissertation research, in which she proposes a theoretical framework for youth information behavior in the digital age building upon Radical Change Theory. Her nationally acclaimed research program has garnered several awards including the ALISE Research Grant Competition Award, the Eugene Garfield Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship, the ASIS&T SIG USE PhD Student Award, and a conference award from the MIT Media Lab.

Professor Koh received her PhD from Florida State University’s School of Library and Information Studies in 2011 and has been serving as an adjunct instructor for FSU since graduating. Her current research and teaching areas include Youth Services, Information Behavior, Youth and Digital Media, Online Education in Library and Information Studies. We are very excited to welcome Dr. Koh to OU SLIS, the only ALA accredited MLIS in the state of Oklahoma, where we have been connecting people to information since 1929!

Cecelia Brown
Professor & Director
OU-SLIS
Connecting People to Information Since 1929
401 W Brooks, Room 120
Norman, OK  73019-6032
Voice: 405.325.3921
FAX: 405.325.7648