(Please excuse cross-posting)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Aug. 20, 2012
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, School of Information Studies

*Dr. Kimberly Anderson Named Director of the Archival Studies Program
*

*Amy Cooper Cary* is stepping down as Director of the Archival Studies
Program at the School of Information Studies (SOIS) at the University of
Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Cary has held the position of Director since 2005.
She has accepted a position as Head of Special Collections and
University Archives at Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Cary will continue to teach on occasion as an adjunct in the program.
About her experiences as Director, Cary says, /"During the past seven
years, it's been tremendously exciting to see the growth in the Archival
Studies Concentration and in the Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in
Archives and Records Administration.  I've thoroughly enjoyed working
with Faculty and Staff of SOIS, and with the Archival Studies
Concentrators and CAS students. I'm grateful for the opportunity to have
been a part of such a strong and vibrant School." /

Assistant Professor *Kimberly Anderson* has been named the new Director
of the Archival Studies Program. Dr. Anderson received her Ph.D. from
the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), where her dissertation
examined how university archivists learn to appraise through social
interaction. She received her MLIS with a specialization in archives
from UCLA in 2007. She received a BA in Humanities with a minor in
Anthropology from Northern Arizona University. About her appointment,
Professor Anderson says, /“I am honored to be selected as Amy Cooper
Cary's replacement. Her dedication and attentiveness to archives
students and the profession at large has resulted in a robust program of
which I am proud to take part. I look forward to the alignment of my
research areas (archival appraisal, archival education, and the
sociocultural aspects of recordkeeping) with leading the archival
studies program and am excited to have greater opportunity for
connecting with students, alumni, and the many practitioners and
community sites that have supported the development of this program and
its students.”/

The Archival Studies Program at the SOIS is ranked number 9 in the top
schools for archives and preservation by U.S. News and World Report. To
read more about the Archival Studies Concentration at SOIS, visit:
http://www4.uwm.edu/sois/programs/graduate/mlis/archives.cfm

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> | Ph: 414-229-4707 |
http://www.uwm.edu/sois

Rebecca Hall
Web Development & Marketing Coordinator
Instructor
UW-Milwaukee, School of Information Studies
PO Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53201
Ph: 414.229.2855 | F: 414.229.6699
http://www.uwm.edu/sois