The Practical Conference on Communication (PCOC), October 26 & 27, Knoxville

On behalf of the STC-ETC, I would like to invite you to join us October 26 and 27, in Knoxville for the 27th year of this legendary event—the Practical Conference on Communication. The conference theme is “Directions for Technical Communication”—looking ahead five years and looking at current best practices.

What will you get by attending this conference?

  1. Connections with accomplished people eager to share their knowledge and experience
  2. Practical topics presented workshop fashion to help retention. We have 15 presenters addressing a variety of topics—writing for marketing, science, and business; achieving a better writing style for all business and professional writing; using tools for team collaboration in creating training and documentation in less time with less effort; enhancing our creativity and work-life balance.
  3. Keynote address by Greg Maciolek, a former Air Force fighter pilot and trainer, and founder and CEO of Integrated Management Resources, Inc., a successful training, development, and consulting company.

Conferences always have surprises: We are happy to announce that our generous sponsors, Adobe, who is a Platinum-Level sponsor, and Author-it, have donated some amazing software for a raffle, and Knoxville businesses have been happy to supplement our conference bags with a small taste of East TN.

A conference is not all work. We have scheduled informal networking and social events, including a literary and historical tour of Knoxville on Sunday, October 28. If you are from out of town, perhaps you can stay for another day to visit the Smokies or enjoy more of Knoxville, a small town with a big city vibe.

For more information and to register, visit our website: www.stc-etc.org. We hope to see you at PCOC.

Mary Knepper, PCOC Manager