Communicators,

They're (almost) here! The Class of 2016 will be moving in this weekend and becoming acquainted with our campus and community.

We've already started pushing out greetings via the official UT Knoxville social media outlets, and would like to encourage you to do the same. When you send welcome tweets this week, please use the hashtag #welcomevols so we can collect these communications. We'll be encouraging students to tweet back at us using the same hashtag, and to send us their photos, experiences, questions, comments, etc. ---and we'll be retweeting and sharing your messages as well.

We had a great deal of success during commencement exercises in May using a common hashtag, and we hope to repeat that with these incoming (and returning) students. This is also a good opportunity to let students know that you use social media as part of your communications efforts, and that they can connect with you in this way.

We hope you already follow us on social media, but in case you don't, the official UT Facebook account can be found at http://www.facebook.com/UTKnoxville, and our Twitter handle is @UTKnoxville. If you haven't already done so, please e-mail [log in to unmask] and let us know which social media outlets your units are currently using. We try to follow and "like" as many UT units as we find, but we may miss a few. Also, if you're planning to use social media in other creative ways during Welcome Week, please let us know so we can help spread the word!

For more about social media communications originating with the Office of Communications & Marketing, or to download our Social Media Best Practices guide, please visit http://communications.utk.edu/resources/social.php.

Best,
Leigh

LEIGH SHOEMAKER
Assistant Director, Creative Communications

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Office of Communications and Marketing
91 Communications Building

communications.utk.edu