GSLIS Faculty,

YALSA has what you need to help you get ready for the school year!

*    Books: Well-reviewed book length publications, such as

o   Evaluating Teen Services and Programs

o   Multicultural Programs for Teens and Tweens

o   Risky Business: Taking and Managing Risk in Library Services for
Teens

o   Young Adults Deserve the Best: YALSA's Competencies for Librarians
Serving Youth in Action

Books are available at
www.ala.org/yalsa/products&publications/yalsapubs/books.  Faculty can
request review copies by contacting YALSA at [log in to unmask] or
312.280.4390.

*         Journals:

o   Journal of Research on Libraries and Young Adults: our peer
reviewed, online journal at www.yalsa.ala.org/jrlya/

o   The award winning Young Adult Library Services

*	National Guidelines (www.ala.org/yalsa/guidelines)

o   Young Adults Deserve the Best: Competencies for Librarians Serving
Youth

o   Public Library Evaluation Tool

o   Reference Guidelines for Library Services to Teens, Ages 12-18

o   Teen Space Guidelines for Public Libraries

*         White papers
(www.ala.org/yalsa/profdev/professionaldevelopment#research)

o   "The Importance of a Whole Library Approach to Public Library Young
Adult Services"

o   "The Value of Young Adult Literature"

o   "The Need for Teen Spaces in Public Libraries"

o   "The Benefits of Including Dedicated Young Adult Librarians on Staff
in the Public Library"

o   "The Importance of Young Adult Services in LIS Curricula"

*         Videos: dozens of free, short and instructional videos are
available via YALSA Academy www.ala.org/yalsa/academy

YALSA has a wealth of resources available via its web site at
www.ala.org/yalsa.  We encourage you to explore the site and/or to get
in touch with us to learn more about resources that can support your
curriculum.  In addition, we are also happy to provide you with multiple
copies of materials to distribute to your students. Visit
www.ala.org/yalsa/handouts to learn more. We can also help arrange a
visit (in person or virtual) from an active YALSA member to your
classroom. YALSA leaders are available to discuss high quality library
service to teens, advocacy, YA literature and more.

Thank you for the work that you do to prepare a new generation of
librarians, and please don't hesitate to get in touch if we can be of
any assistance!

-Beth

Beth Yoke, Executive Director

Young Adult Library Services Association

50 E. Huron St. Chicago, IL 60611

1.800.545.2433 x4391

fax: 312.280.5276