The School of Library and Information Science at Louisiana State University is pleased to announce that Dr. Robin Fogle Kurz will be joining their faculty in Fall semester, 2012. She will be teaching courses in the area of public libraries, school libraries, and children's services. A Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Teaching and Research Fellow at the School of Library and Information at the University of South Carolina, Dr. Kurz has taught graduate courses in library materials and services for children, young adults, and adults.

In her dissertation research, she explored the racial and ethnic diversity of South Carolina’s public library youth collections and used multiple case study analysis to discover examples of best practices for multicultural collection development and use. She has presented nationally in the areas of collection development for diverse populations, equitable public library access, and multicultural library materials and services for youth. She is an active member of ALISE, REFORMA, ALSC, and YALSA and currently serves on the 2013 Pura Belpré Award Committee.

Suzanne M. Stauffer, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Louisiana State University
275 Coates Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
(225)578-1461
Fax: (225)578-4581

Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?

--T.S. Eliot, "Choruses from The Rock"