I'll take a look at it.  It's a plug&play, so it's not exactly the same, but I'm willing to look at anything and everything.

Lisa

________________________________
From: Library NT [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michael Wofsey [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 12:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: permissions issue

We had some printing problems when we first implemented Win7 clients and had to add a group policy specific to Win7 clients. I do not remember whether the printing problems affected local printers; I think it only affected network printers. In any case, we set under User Config - Policies - Administrative Templates - Control Panel/Printers: Point and Print Restrictions   Disabled. Also: Computer Config - Adm templates - Printers: Point and print restrictions  Disabled.  I think we had to use a Win7 client to connect to the GP server, and also possible install the Win7 GP admin templates on the Win 2003 server to be able to see and edit these policies. Policy must apply to both the computer OU and the user OU if the two are in different OU's.

Really not sure if this is the source of your problem, but thought it might be relevant. Good luck.

Michael Wofsey
Assistant Director for Technology
Public Library of Brookline
http://brooklinelibrary.org