Communicators,

We are pleased to announce the debut of the official UT WordPress theme. The theme is based upon the UT web templates, and provides a ready solution for creating a dynamic website without requiring years of experience with web coding or design. There are two versions available for download—horizontal navigation and vertical navigation.

http://communications.utk.edu/resources/web/wptemplates.php

We chose WordPress as our primary content management solution based primarily on its low cost and ease of use. Many of our clients are already familiar with the WordPress interface, and those who are not will find it incredibly simple to learn and use. Most importantly, using a CMS like WordPress allows you to focus on the most important aspect of your web presence—your content.

Some of you already use WordPress to deliver your campus websites. We trust that you will find this theme easy to install and implement (of course, we'd recommend testing before you go live with the new theme, to be sure that your customizations are still in place). For those of you who do not already use WordPress, but who suspect that WordPress might be a viable solution for your unit, please contact us. Simply fill out our request form at http://communications.utk.edu/request and we will schedule an appointment to review your needs and determine if WordPress is indeed a good fit.

We have also posted a set of Dreamweaver templates for those units who deliver their sites in this manner.

You may find UT web templates and related electronic media resources at http://communications.utk.edu/resources/web/. If you have questions regarding any of these electronic media resources, please email [log in to unmask]

For other resources, including editorial and graphic identity guidelines, social media guidelines and other publicity resources, our video toolkit—as well as our latest printed resources, fax cover sheet templates and pocket folders—please visit http://communications.utk.edu/resources/.

All the best,
Leigh

LEIGH SHOEMAKER
Assistant Director, Creative Communications

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Office of Communications and Marketing
91 Communications Building

communications.utk.edu

Big Orange. Big Ideas.

To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html