Please do not reply to this message. Thank You. To view the archives or join/leave TMG list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/tmg.html

Food Bank Garden Tour is this weekend in Chattanooga and we have at least 2 to 3 Master Gardener Homes on the tour...

Website: http://www.chattfoodbank.org/events/spring-garden-tour/

Spring Garden Tour

Saturday, June 2:  10 am – 6 pm

Sunday, June 3:  1 pm – 6 pm

We are certain you will be inspired by the five private gardens presented on our 25th Annual Spring Garden Tour.  Each garden represents a work of art and love.  We join our gardeners in welcoming you to celebrate the spring season with a leisurely stroll among perennials, herbs and native wildflowers.  The gardens offer ideas on how to use sculpture and artifacts, water features and stonework.

This year we are proud to have 4 premier private gardens in the Greater Chattanooga area on our tour.  Tour attendees will also get to view the Montessori School Sensory Garden.

Again this year, we will be adding the Food Bank’s, Evelyn Davenport Navarre Teaching & Enabling Garden, to our tour.  The garden, located behind the Food Bank, will be host to educational workshops on vegetable gardening, best gardening practices, conservation and cooking & preserving classes.

The tour also raises funds for our flagship community garden, named in honor of the late Bill Johnson, former Executive Director of the Chattanooga Area Food Bank.  Founded in 1986 by the Food Bank, Metropolitan Council and the Chattanooga Housing Authority, the garden provides elderly residents of the downtown Gateway community the opportunity to grow their own fresh produce, herbs and flowers.  The garden is an intergenerations initiative and community building opportunity.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Did your email address change? Visit http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/tmg.html Remove your old email and add your new email address to continue receiving timely updates. Have you visited the Master Gardener Store? https://web.dii.utk.edu/agstore/c-49-master-gardener.aspx Check out the super comfortable Gardener's Kneeling Pads! To view the archives or join/leave TMG list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/tmg.html