Hello Everyone

Just a quick update on the sensor workshop<http://ashs.confex.com/ashs/2012/webprogram/Session4405.html> at ASHS this year.  If you haven't already registered, we have a few slots still available, but it is filling up fast.   If you have already registered for the conference but not the workshop, you can amend your online registration and just add the workshop (it is actually listed as a symposium).   However, if you have any problems with doing that, please email Elizabeth Hernandez ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or Tracy Shawn ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) and they will help you add the workshop.

Also some of you noted that we originally had a conflict with another WUM oral session<http://ashs.confex.com/ashs/2012/webprogram/Session3705.html> on Friday afternoon.  This WUM session is now scheduled for Thursday 2 August from 4-6PM, which has some great complementary presentations in it.

Lastly, if you have any graduate students that would be interested in attending for FREE, we ask them to submit a one-page statement to Marc van Iersel ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) and myself ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>), indicating how they are using sensors in their research and what they would like to learn from the workshop.   We have two slots still available, on a first come basis.  We will notify those graduate students and ASHS of their names by early next week.

-- John

PS:  This email is also going out to a number of ASHS listserves - my apologies in advance for any cross postings

Dr. John Lea-Cox
Professor
Department of Plant Science and Landscape Architecture,
2120 Plant Sciences Building
University of Maryland
College Park  MD   20742-4452

Tel:  (301) 405-4323 (Office)