Hello Everyone

This is to just inform you that the registration for the one-day sensor Symposium / workshop at the ASHS meetings in Miami has been added to the ASHS registration page today.  You can check out the abstracts at http://ashs.confex.com/ashs/2012/webprogram/Session4405.html   The cost of the workshop is $75 – please note that this does not include lunch, but does include refreshments during the day.

We are notifying you early, so you will have a chance to register before the workshop is promoted by ASHS in their next email to the membership this Friday.  If you have already registered for the conference, you should be able to amend your online registration and add the workshop (it is actually listed as a symposium).   If you have any problems with doing that, please email Elizabeth Hernandez ([log in to unmask]) and she will help you.

Please note that this workshop will be limited to 25 registrants on a first-registered basis, as equipment is limited.  However, we will be holding another 5 slots open for graduate students, at no cost.

If you have any graduate students that would be interested in attending, we ask them to submit a one-page statement to Marc van Iersel ([log in to unmask]) and myself ([log in to unmask]), indicating how they are using sensors in their research and what they would like to learn from the workshop.   The five best statements submitted by May 31 will be awarded those slots at the workshop and we will notify Tracy Shawn and Elizabeth Hernandez of their names.

-- John

PS:  This email is also going out to a number of ASHS listserves tomorrow –my apologies in advance for any cross postings

Dr. John Lea-Cox

Professor

Department of Plant Science and Landscape Architecture,

2120 Plant Sciences Building

University of Maryland

College Park  MD   20742-4452

Tel:  (301) 405-4323 (Office)