The group policy options that we're finding on server 2008 for Win7 is
to either block the application itself (in this case, Windows Media
player) or to disable the drive altogether. So far the rumblings seem to
lean towards disabling the dvd drive....

So unless there is a policy we are missing (totally possible!) we didn't
see any other way offhand on how to address this.

Thanks all for your responses so far - it's been some good food for
thought. ;)

Thanks,

Gretchen Garcia

MCLD IT Services