Registration for ASCLA's webinar "Creating a Latino-Friendly Library"
will be available until midnight tonight (Wednesday)!

Individuals can register online here through midnight tonight:

http://www.ala.org/Template.cfm?Section=olweb&Template=/Conference/Confe
renceList.cfm&ConferenceTypeCode=X

This library is especially excellent for public libraries, but any type
of library currently serving Latinos, or looking to bring Latinos of all
ages through its doors and create relevant library services and
welcoming environments, will find the information presented in this
webinar to be relevant and useful!

Know someone who might be interested in this webinar? **We encourage you
to forward this message to a friend or other lists!**

Webinar Details:

   Creating a Latino-Friendly Library

   Thursday, May 17, 2012 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. Central Time

Latino communities continue to grow and we continue to puzzle over how
to get this significant segment of our communities into the library.
This webinar will introduce practical and simple techniques that
libraries of all sizes can use to begin the process of making Latinos
feel welcome and comfortable in the library. Participants will learn how
to work with and challenge the language and cultural barriers that keep
Latinos from using the library. Presented by Yolanda Cuesta.

   REGISTER ONLINE:

http://www.ala.org/Template.cfm?Section=olweb&Template=/Conference/Confe
renceList.cfm&ConferenceTypeCode=X

REGISTRATION RATES:

   Individual registration: starts at $40 for ASCLA members

   Group registration: $99 for a single login or $38/person (min. 2
people) for multiple logins

GROUP REGISTRATION INFORMATION IS HERE:
http://www.ala.org/ascla/asclaevents/onlinelearning/onlinelearning

   State Library Agency Members of ASCLA pay the amazing group rates of
$69 for a single login or $29/person (min. 2 people) for multiple

   logins. Learn more about the benefits of ASCLA membership for SLAs
here:
http://www.ala.org/ascla/sites/ala.org.ascla/files/content/sla2012_facts
heet.pdf

   Questions about registration? Contact [log in to unmask] or (800)
545-2433, option 5.

   Questions about your ALA or ASCLA membership? Contact

Liz F. Markel, M.A.

Marketing & Programs Manager

Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASCLA)

Reference and User Services Association (RUSA)

The American Library Association // 50 E. Huron Street // Chicago, IL
60611

800-545-2433 // p. 312-280-4398 // f. 312-280-5273 // e. [log in to unmask]

Find our divisions online at    www.ala.org/rusa    &
www.ala.org/ascla