There is a student, Tess Youker, at SUNY-ESF in Syracuse, New York who is trying to raise funds to study a ranavirus outbreak in a network of constructed vernal pools. If you or anyone you would like to contribute to her efforts you can do so here: http://www.rockethub.com/projects/7515-the-amphibian-ranavirus-project

Tess is in between undergraduate and a masters program and sort of falls between the cracks as far as funding goes. She has been consulting with me a bit about screening samples; I think that she will do a good job.

Jesse Brunner
School of Biological Sciences
Washington State University
PO Box 644236