Our RUSA online course, “The Reference Interview”, starts this coming Monday, April 30!

We have a few seats left, so we’re leaving registration open through close of business on Monday night.

The course is taught by reference expert Dave Tyckoson, associate dean at the Henry Madden Library, California State University, Fresno and RUSA past president.

Reference Interview is a comprehensive course focusing on the methods of evaluating reference service, behavioral aspects of reference service, and the different types of questions that can be used to help patrons identify what they need.

Who should attend: Support staff, library technicians, newly hired reference librarians, and those librarians who want to brush up on their interview skills will find this course useful. Issues covered will be of interested to staff and librarians in all types of libraries.

Most coursework is asynchronous and is completed throughout the week when it’s convenient for the student, but there are a few practice interview chat sessions; dates and times for these sessions are set after the course begins, and students can comment on chat transcripts if they’re unable to attend the live chat.

More course information is here: http://www.ala.org/rusa/development/referenceinterview

REGISTER ONLINE NOW.

We do offer group rates for two or more registrants from the same library, library system or network who are registering for the same course.

More information is at the RUSA online learning page: http://www.ala.org/rusa/development/onlinece

Hope to see you in class!

Liz F. Markel, M.A.

Marketing & Programs Manager

Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASCLA)

Reference and User Services Association (RUSA)

The American Library Association // 50 E. Huron Street // Chicago, IL  60611

800-545-2433 // p. 312-280-4398 // f. 312-280-5273 // e. [log in to unmask]

Find our divisions online at    www.ala.org/rusa    &    www.ala.org/ascla