Did you miss the Wednesday Webinar last week on eDegree: The Online M.L.I.S.? If so, you can view the recorded session at:

http://w-slis-stream.slis.kent.edu/KSU/Viewer/?peid=88b9619d561442448384213e1f314231

Now you can earn your master’s degree without disrupting your life, without leaving your current job and relocating, and without physically sitting in a classroom.  The School of Library and Information Science (SLIS) at Kent State University is offering a new, innovative way to complete a Master of Library and Information Science (M.L.I.S.) degree. The eDegree program is Web-based -- all courses will be completed online.

Watch this online open house recording to learn more about eDegree. For additional information, visit http://www.kent.edu/slis/programs/mlis/edegree.cfm.

SAVE THE DATE FOR UPCOMING WEDNESDAY WEBINARS:

March 29 (Thursday): HEALTH INFORMATICS

Learn about the exciting career opportunities in health informatics. Presenters include Greg Kall, System Vice President, CIO, Information Technology & Services, Summa Health System, Akron, and Michael Bice, Professor, Health Informatics, Kent State University. Register at:

http://bit.ly/HIregistration29march

April 18 – YOUNG ADULT LIBRARIANSHIP

What does it take to get the attention of today’s teens and ‘tweens? What’s the role of the young adult librarian in promoting literacy? Join SLIS instructor Mary Anne Nichols for this interactive online open house to learn about a career in this field. Register at: http://bit.ly/YAwebinar18april.

May 9 – SUMMER LIS WORKSHOPS

Rhonda Filipan, SLIS academic program coordinator, will tell you all about the upcoming workshops for LIS students and professionals. Register at:  http://bit.ly/LISworkshops9may.

More Wednesday Webinars are being scheduled. Check the website for updates and to view recorded webinars you might have missed.

http://www.kent.edu/slis/programs/wednesday-webinars.cfm

All the best,

Flo

<~><~>~<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>

Flo Cunningham

Marketing Communications and Public Relations Director

Kent State University

www.kent.edu/slis

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ksuslis

Twitter: @KentStateSLIS

SAVE THE DATE:

28th Annual Virginia Hamilton Conference on Multiculture Literature for Youth, April 12 & 13, 2012

2nd Annual Conference on Information and Religion, May 18 & 19, 2012

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library. -- Jorge Luis Borges