rec'd with a technical glitch.  --gw

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 12:08:41 -0400
From: Juliet Drennan <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: faculty survey on experiential learning understanding

I am Juliet Drennan, a doctoral student in Simmons College Graduate School
of Library and Information Science. I am working on an independent study
that explores how LIS educators understand experiential learning.

If you are a current member of a teaching faculty (tenure-track or adjunct),
please follow the link below to a short (5-10 minute) questionnaire. No
personally identifiable data will be collected and all data will be
anonymized in any work that comes from this study.

A $25 Amazon gift card will be randomly awarded to one participant who
completes the entire survey.

Thank you very much.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/99DLWYC

For the purposes of this study, experiential learning is a multi-part,
transformative process that applies real-world experiences-past, present, or
future-to learning. It brings together students' active knowledge
acquisition with self-directed application of that knowledge. The
instructor's role is to facilitate students' activities and learning.
Success of any specific learning outcome is dependent upon student
engagement and the meaning that students construct for themselves from their
work.

If you have any questions about this survey, please send me an email at
[log in to unmask] or my independent study advisor,