Call for Talking Freight Topic Ideas

FHWA is now planning for the Talking Freight seminars for the second
half of 2012. We are interested in your ideas on topics. Please send an
email to [log in to unmask] with topic ideas and suggestions for potential
presenters.

In addition, if you have any suggestions on how we can improve future
Talking Freight seminars, please send me an email as well. FHWA wants to
ensure these seminar stay relevant and of interest and wants to hear
from you on how we can best do this.

Registration for April 18 Talking Freight

Registration for the April 18 Talking Freight seminar on Freight and the
Environment is still available. This seminar is the second of a two part
series, the first was held on March 21.

Freight movement by highway and rail is a cornerstone of the U.S.
economy.  However, the movement of freight is increasingly impacted by
congestion, overburdened infrastructure and socio-economic issues. Thus,
there is a need to emphasize and improve sustainability of the freight
system and balance economic and environmental stewardship.

Part 2 - April 18, 2012 1:00 - 2:30 pm EDT

Registration:
http://www.ops.fhwa.dot.gov/freight/fpd/talking_freight/index.htm

Part  2 of the series will address the research and program efforts are
underway within the U.S. to improve our understanding of freight
movements in corridors and international borders and their potential
implications on the environment. The agenda will include:

*         Dr Josias Zietsman of the Texas Transportation Institute will
discuss developing performance measures for sustainable freight
movement.

*         Sylvia Grijalva of FHWA will discuss the U.S./Mexico
International Border Emissions and Border Wait-time Analysis Support
Study;.

*         Cheryl Bynum of the U.S. EPA will discuss the EPA SmartWay
program efforts and initiatives.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Jennifer Symoun | Deputy Program Manager/Analyst
Science Applications International Corporation | 8301 Greensboro Drive,
McLean, VA 22102
Office: 703.676.6849 | Fax: 703.676.6823