FYI. I received this email today that may be of interest to you.

Hi Prof. Ralston,

The 2012 Elections are right around the corner. We know that for a
democracy to function and thrive, citizens need to be engaged in the
political process.  Since 2003, we've registered over 700,000 young people
to vote and helped over 1 million students get out to the polls on Election
Day!

We want to make sure that young people make their voices heard at the polls
in 2012 so we are re-launching our non-partisan youth voter mobilization
program but we need some help. Could you forward the info below to your
students or any student leaders you think would be interested?

I'm looking for some good University of Tennessee at Knoxville students to
work with us this spring and summer. Students go through a 5-week training
program to learn how to organize around the New Voters Project campaign on
campus and engage their peers on issues that matter to them. The deadline to
apply for the last spring session is Monday March 19th.

Could you forward the info below to your students or any student leaders
you think would be interested?

So far this year, 260 students have gone through our training program.
Interns across the country have organized events on their campuses from
canned food drives to support local food banks to collecting hundreds of
petitions to get National Geographic to get their paper mill to clean up
their act, to preparing to registering students to vote in 2012.

Thanks in advance,

Vanessa Wright
Field Organizer
Student PIRGs

Student PIRGs Voter Turn Out Activism Internships
The 2012 Elections are right around the corner. We know that for a
democracy to function and thrive, citizens need to be engaged in the
political process.  Since 2003, we've registered over 700,000 young people
to vote and helped over 1 million students get out to the polls on Election
Day! We have big plans to run make sure young people come out to the polls
in record numbers in 2012.

Find out more and apply for a Student PIRGs internship at:
http://studentpirgs.org/internships

Upcoming Internships:
Voter Registration
Get Out the Vote