Rec'd w/ technical glitch.  --gw
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 14:33:00 -0500
From: "Wallace, Danny" <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Colleagues,

Hereÿÿs what preliminary analysis of the most recent ALISE statistics
reveals:

  * In the fall of 2011, reporting schools had a total of 959 full-time
faculty and 1,012 part-time faculty.  Part-time faculty accounted for 325
FTE.
  * In the fall of 2011, full-time faculty were responsible for 1,027
required courses and 1,372 elective courses.  Part-time faculty were
responsible for 384 required courses and 1,045 elective courses.
  * The ALISE statistics do not provide data on the numbers of students
taught by full-time vs. part-time faculty and do not distinguish between
courses taught by graduate students as part-time faculty and courses
taught by other part-time faculty.

Note that these are preliminary data and corrections to the data may yield
differing final results.

Danny