Dear Alumni and Friends:

I want to bring to your attention the wonderful evening that several of the faculty spent with alums, current students and friends on Thursday, February 1, 2012 at the home of Beth Davis-Brow (SIS ’84 and current member of the SIS Advisory Board).  Beth was gracious in opening up her beautiful Capitol Hill home to us, which is situation close to the Library of Congress where she is employed.  The evening consisted of scrumptious food and beverages, delightful conversation and the opportunity to connect with old and new friends.  Awa Zhu, the newest member of the SIS faculty, along with Suzie Allard, the Associate Director of the School, where able to join me for the special event.  Just so you know the School is very happy to help sponsor any regional cohort social or professional meeting and we welcome ideas for other regional cohort events.  Let me take this opportunity to thank, in addition to Beth and her husband Lauren, Wil Hawk (Alumni Society President) and many of Beth’s friends who help plan the wonderful evening.  Please keep in mind that in addition to Wil who is the senior regional cohort coordinator for the School, we have Dr. Kitty McClanahan now on board who as Assistant to the Director is responsible for making certain that we are reaching all of our constituents, including distance education students, alumni and perspective students. Her email address is [log in to unmask].

Best,

Ed Cortez PhD

Director and Professor

The University of Tennessee