Thank you, April.

I have been wondering how often ranavirus has been found in wild populations. From what I can tell from the literature, most if not all documented occurrences have been in captivity. But then I hear anecdotal reports of ranavirus in turtles here and there. I remember hearing about ranavirus being found in Blandings turtles in New York State a few years back, but so far as I can tell this has never been published.

So a question for those in the know, How common are ranavirus outbreaks in wild turtles? Is it simply under-reported?

Thanks,

Jesse

Jesse Brunner
School of Biological Sciences