Gretchen,

Not sure I understand your question... printing without print servers?  And I thought - typically - that PC Management & Print-related stuff are two very different animals.  What is your current solution?

For PC management, we use LANDesk.  For (public) printing, we use Pharos UnipriNT.  Our Pharos installation is currently running on Windows 2003 R2, both the database server and the server that handles the printers.  We are not on the current version, though.

John in Albuquerque