From: Open Lib/Info Sci Education Forum on behalf of Le Beau, Chris
Sent: Wed 1/4/2012 8:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Updated: ALA Student Travel Award (Annual Conference)

Please pass on to LIS students, thanks. This time the URL is included!

ALA BRASS GALE CENGAGE LEARNING STUDENT TRAVEL AWARD
(Business Reference and Services Section)

This $1,000 monetary prize is given to a student enrolled in an ALA accredited master's degree program to fund travel to and attendance at the ALA Annual Conference and a one-year membership in the Business Reference and Services Section (BRASS) of RUSA. Applicants should have demonstrated interest in a career as a business reference librarian, and a potential to be a leader in the profession as demonstrated by activities that may include (but are not limited to) coursework, internships, jobs, special projects, and publications.

In addition to attending the conference, the winner is required to participate in BRASS activities at ALA conference and to write a brief statement about conference experiences for RUSA Update . The winner may not accept a concurrent ALA-sponsored travel award.

See: http://www.ala.org.ezproxy.mnl.umkc.edu/rusa/awards/studenttravel

Chris LeBeau

BRASS Chair

Assistant Teaching Professor
University of Missouri
School of Information Science & Learning Technologies