Hello,

I am doctoral student at FSU and would like to share my experience in using Skype reference service. Last fall 2011, I was trying to do some search for my grad students taking virtual reference services. And I found out that the link (attached below) of Ohio University didn't work any more.

I was talking with the librarians on Skype reference service in Ohio Univ. and the librarian said that they stopped the service due to the small number of users: students do not really attempt the skype reference over the regular chat service.

Also, I talked with librarians at FSU on the availability of Skype ref service as well. They also told me that they lifted the service due to the lack of usage and attentions.

I thought there's a gap between the potential of skype ref service we might overestimate the real use/demand in real life of reference service.

I hope my experience will be helpful!
If you need further information on my experience, feel free to contact me!

Thanks.

Jisue

Jan 29, 2012, 8:16 PM, Alison Miller ÀÛ¼º: