Apologies for the late notice, but I wanted to let you know that we have a few spots left in "Improving Library Services to People with Disabilities", an online course offered by ASCLA (the Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies).

This course is an excellent opportunity to review how your library is currently serving its users with disabilities, and subsequently explore ways to improve those services.

Specifically, those who take this course will:
---> identify patrons with disabilities who use the library and the resources that are available to assist them.
---> examine changes in attitudes, laws and technologies that have impacted people with disabilities.
---> demonstrate communication with people-first language and non-verbal techniques.
---> recommend changes in personal and organizational behaviors to improve services for people with disabilities.

*******The course begins on Monday, however we are leaving registration open through close of business on Monday.*******
The course runs Jan. 30 - Feb. 24, 2012.
There is one live course meeting: Thursday, February 9, 2012 from 3pm-4pm CENTRAL/Chicago Time
The remainder of the coursework is at your own pace.

Register now here: http://www.ala.org/Template.cfm?Section=oloc&Template=/Conference/ConferenceList.cfm&ConferenceTypeCode=L

More course information is here: http://www.ala.org/ascla/asclaevents/onlinelearning/libraryservices

Group discounts? Why yes, we offer group discounts! :o) Two or more individuals from the same library, library system or network registering for this offering constitute a group. More information about how to take advantage of this is here: http://www.ala.org/ascla/asclaevents/onlinelearning/onlinelearning

Questions? Contact [log in to unmask]

I encourage you to share this message with colleagues or distribution lists that may find it of interest.
Thanks in advance for your help and your interest!

Liz Markel
Marketing & Programs Manager, RUSA & ASCLA