Please join us at the ALISE 2012 Conference for an important dialogue toward developing an ALISE diversity statement.  A draft will be shared at the session before it is revised for broader input by the ALISE community.

Thursday, January 19, 2012, 4:30-6:30 pm, Renaissance Dallas Hotel, Lone Star III room

Roundtable Discussion: “Extending ALISE’s Reach: Expanding our Diversity Horizon”

Co-sponsored by the ALISE Diversity Statement Task Force, Assistant/Associate Deans & Directors (A/ADD) SIG, and Multicultural, Ethnic, and Humanistic Concerns SIG

Organizers: Clara M. Chu, Task Force Chair; and Rae-Anne Montegue, A/ADD SIG convener
Abstract: LIS educators have long sought to increase diversity.  This panel will explore our recent progress, current issues, enduring gaps, and enable dialogue on preliminary work developing an ALISE diversity statement, and introduce the work of the ALA Committee on Education Diversity Working Group.
Presenters: Sarah Park, St. Catherine University: André Brock, University of Iowa; Elizabeth "Betty" Marcoux, University of Washington

--
Clara M. Chu, Ph.D.
Chair and Professor