CALL FOR PAPERS
JOURNAL OF EDUCATION FOR LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
SPECIAL SECTION: TEACHING AND LEARNING IN iSCHOOLS

Extended Deadline: February 1st, 2012

This special section of JELIS focuses on what is taught and how it is taught, both in courses and in professional development programs, and on evaluation, as we continue towards our shared goal of providing the best possible lifelong learning experiences for future Information Professionals. We encourage researchers and educators to discuss the development, implementation, or evaluation of entire curricula, individual courses, or professional development programs to meet these educational goals, in the Summer 2012 issue of JELIS (Volume 53, no. 3). We are particularly interested in discussions of interdisciplinary and inter-institutional programs, such as informatics programs, collaboration with other cultural institutions (e.g., archives, museums, historical societies, etc.), and partnerships with for-profit and nonprofit  organizations, as well as with government agencies.

Authors are invited to submit manuscripts for inclusion in the special section on or before February 1, 2012. Major research and research in progress articles, review articles and brief communications are solicited. Please refer to JELIS submission guidelines for detailed information. Manuscripts will be reviewed using the double-blind review process. Please indicate the appropriate category. Authors will be notified of the referees’ decisions by March 1, 2012, and final revisions will be due April 1, 2012. Selected papers will be published in the Volume 53, no. 3 in Summer 2012.

Please see the complete call for papers and submission instructions at the following link: http://jelis.org/for-authors/call-for-papers/cfp-teaching-and-learning-in-ischools-special-section/

--
Julia Skinner
Doctoral Student, Information Studies