*CALL FOR PAPERS
JOURNAL OF EDUCATION FOR LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
SPECIAL SECTION: TEACHING AND LEARNING IN iSCHOOLS*

*Extended Deadline: February 1st, 2012*

This special section of JELIS focuses on what is taught and how it is
taught, both in courses and in professional development programs, and on
evaluation, as we continue towards our shared goal of providing the best
possible lifelong learning experiences for future Information
Professionals. We encourage researchers and educators to discuss the
development, implementation, or evaluation of entire curricula, individual
courses, or professional development programs to meet these educational
goals, in the Summer 2012 issue of JELIS (Volume 53, no. 3). We are
particularly interested in discussions of interdisciplinary and
inter-institutional programs, such as informatics programs, collaboration
with other cultural institutions (e.g., archives, museums, historical
societies, etc.), and partnerships with for-profit and nonprofit
organizations, as well as with government agencies.

Authors are invited to submit manuscripts for inclusion in the special
section on or before *February 1**, 2012*. Major research and research in
progress articles, review articles and brief communications are solicited.
Please refer to JELIS submission guidelines for detailed information.
Manuscripts will be reviewed using the double-blind review process. Please
indicate the appropriate category. Authors will be notified of the
referees’ decisions by March 1, 2012, and final revisions will be due April
1, 2012. Selected papers will be published in the Volume 53, no. 3 in
Summer 2012.

Please see the complete call for papers and submission instructions at the
following link:
http://jelis.org/for-authors/call-for-papers/cfp-teaching-and-learning-in-ischools-special-section/

--
Julia Skinner