I will be at ALISE and I am looking forward to talking with persons who may
be interested in tenure track positions at the University of  the West
Indies (UWI) Mona.

The University of the West Indies  is a dynamic, international institution
serving the countries of the Commonwealth Caribbean. The Mona Campus is
situated in Jamaica

Currently there are a number of  outstanding tenure track positions in LIS
including post of full Professor of Library and Information Science. Of
note are the following:

*Lecturer (Assistant Professor) / Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor)*
**
Successful Candidates will:

1. Teach in two or more of the following:  Information Technologies
including areas of website development and management, database creation
and management; creation, management  and preservation of digital
libraries; Library systems and software applications; multimedia
applications in libraries;  and Information Management

2. Teach in two or more of the following:  Cataloguing and
Classification/Meta data, Management of all different types of libraries
and information units,  Information/Emerging Technologies , and Foundations
of Library and Information Science

 All Applicants should have a doctoral degree (or nearly completed) in
Library/Information Science or a related discipline such as Computer
Science or Education and a broad knowledge of all areas of Library and
Information Science.  Applicants should also possess a demonstrated record
of high quality teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, a
significant record of achievement in independent research and success in
attracting research funding.

Experience in developing and delivering programmes and courses online at
the undergraduate and graduate levels will be an advantage.

The successful candidates are expected to assume duties on *August 1, 2012.*

I will supply further information to interested persons.

Paulette A Kerr, PhD
Department of Library and Information Studies,
University of the West Indies, Mona
Kingston 7, Jamaica