Dear undergraduate students,

I'd like to call your attention to a special offering of Geography 334: Meteorology, to be taught by Mr.Joshua Albritton of Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

The course will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:10 − 9:25 in the advanced physical geography teaching lab, Room 401 Burchfiel Geography Building.

Yes, that is early in the day, but Mr. Albritton is an energetic teacher and this is a great opportunity to take meteorology, a course covering content that every geographer should know!

Geography 334 is an introduction to the study of weather.  Major topics include micro‑,

meso‑, and synoptic scale meteorology and atmospheric properties/processes that

control temperature, wind, precipitation, pressure, and weather systems. We’ll also

discuss basic weather prediction, air pollution, and the impacts of climate change on

current and future weather. Particular attention will be devoted to the Northern

Hemisphere (U.S. in particular) and the analysis of US Government weather charts.

Format may include guest lectures.

For more information, sign up and show up at the first class Thursday morning, or email the instructor at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Sincerely,

Sally Horn

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography