Dear friends of Simmons GSLIS,

Our very best wishes to you this winter season and in the new year.
For this year's holiday eCard, we bring to you our love letter to some
of our favorite independent bookstores. What is better than opening
that bright red door, hearing the bell ring and knowing that there are
a thousand books at your fingertips? We invite you to open the door
and click through the links to read about some of the GSLIS
community's favorites from Boston, MA to Lansing, MI to Olympia, WA.
And then run, don't walk, to your nearest indy bookstore and finish up
that holiday shopping - click on the "View map" link to plan your
bookstore trips. Merry, merry! Please click here to view our special
greeting: http://gslis.simmons.edu/holiday11/.

Special thanks to GSLIS student and Fellow for Instructional
Technologies Stacy Reardon for the design and production of this
eCard, Communications Assistant Alisa Libby for overseeing the
project, GSLIS alum Jenny Arch and GSLIS student Krista Barresi for
additional assistance, and to all the GSLIS students, alums, faculty
and staff who contributed.

We would also like to share with you the December issue of the
InfoLink newsletter, with a feature and reader's advisory on graphic
novels, an article about GSLIS student involvement in the Occupy
Boston Library, and tips for job searching. We are also happy to
welcome GSLIS alum Cheryl Kohen, who will be writing a regular column
on careers and the job search. You can view the entire issue here: http://gslis.simmons.edu/infolink/
.

If you would like to receive future InfoLink newsletters, please send
your name and preferred email address to [log in to unmask] Enjoy!

On behalf of GSLIS, my very best,
Jen

Jennifer Doyle '98LS
Director of GSLIS Curriculum and Communications
Simmons College
300 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115
www.simmons.edu/gslis