Greetings,

Applications for the May 26-June 9, 2012 "Visions of Italy:  Culture in Twenty-first Century Rome and Florence" CUAbroad/School of Library and Information Science Course are due soon!  We are asking that SLIS students submit online applications by December 1st for early consideration.  The final deadline for applications, including the $100 application fee is January 13, 2012.

"Visions of Italy" will be an exciting and illuminating course during which we will gain a basic knowledge of how Italian cultural professionals make museum, archival, and library resources known to various user groups through a combination of site visits--including a visit to the Vatican Archives and other cultural institutions--meetings with professionals, and readings.  We will explore various types of public programs, outreach strategies, and digital and physical exhibits, study the principles and practical elements involved in creating each, with site visits and instruction designed to reveal the ways the application of such principles occur in existing institutions and apply learning in their public programming.

For more details, including application details and guidelines please visit: http://cuabroad.cua.edu/programs/summer/italyslis.cfm

Or contact Dr. Maria Mazzenga: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Maria Mazzenga, Ph.D.

Education Archivist/Instructor

American Catholic History Research Center

and University Archives

Department of History

Catholic University

Washington, D.C. 20064