Louisiana’s is 2.5 for bachelor’s or 3.0 on at least 15 hours of graduate coursework.  We’ve had one waiver contingent on the individual attaining their master’s within a specified period.  They left before the period ended.

From: Extension Service Personnel Officers in the Southern Region [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jill Lambert
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 11:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Agent GPA requirements

Hi Group – Taking a quick poll on your County Agent minimum requirements.  We currently have a Bachelors GPA requirement of 2.7 cumulative (or 3.0 in the last 60 hours) for all Agent positions.  In the past, waivers have been made with the approval from our Associate Vice President for applicants who obtained their degree over 5 years ago.

Do any of you have similar requirements in place?  We’re looking at revamping our policy to either eliminate the waiver or become more inclusive, and I was curious what others were doing in our region.

Thanks,

Jill Lambert

Employment Manager

University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture

Cooperative Extension Service

501-671-2149 (office)

501-671-2251 (fax)