Excellent plan all around! Let’s go for it! BTW, I’m available if you need a third person to help you check out the facility.

From: Extension Service Personnel Officers in the Southern Region [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Morgan,Mary A
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2011 2:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Looking at 2014 Southern Region Meeting

I know it seems far away, but I’m paranoid about waiting until the last minute to find a location for the 2014 Southern Region Meeting which will be hosted by Florida.  Florida in October is still kind of expensive and this type facility gets booked quickly.  I talked to some of you in Oklahoma about possibly going to Naples, Florida (flying into Ft. Myers, about 30 minutes to the hotel).  My preliminary talks with our IFAS Conference and Planning folks have led me to a great hotel on the beach.  It looks like our room rate would be about $139 (but free parking).  We paid a similar amount in New Orleans.  Also, for the Thursday night event how about – wait for it  --- a dinner cruise?  There is a great dinner cruise that departs nearby.  We can get a great deal on that.  I’m trying to keep the registration about the same as the past couple of years.

I’m polling the HR folks because I know you so well.  If this sounds promising I guess David and I will HAVE to go check it out in person soon.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks!

Mary Anne Morgan, SPHR

Director

IFAS Human Resources

2038 McCarty Hall