Geographers,

Please help us spread the word — we have added three courses for spring 2012.  Some students may not known of these courses at the time of their initial registration. Space remains in all of them.

Two are courses in the regular catalog:

GEOG 334   Meteorology will be taught on TR  at 8:10-9:25 am by Mr. Albritton.

GEOG 371   Geography of Europe will be taught at 11:10 – 12:25 TR in BGB 301 by Mr. Applegate.

The third course is a new offering, which is not in the catalog: GEOG 309 Health Geography.
    It will be taught on TR 12:40-1:55 in BGB 101 by Mr. Durland.
    He has provided us with the following description:

The emergence and reemergence of infectious diseases, the potential influence of global climate change on human health, and the strain of increasing longevity and chronic conditions on healthcare systems are of growing importance in an increasingly interconnected world. A geographic approach to the study of health offers a critical perspective to these issues, considering how changing relationships between people and their environments influence human health.

These three additional courses will enrich our undergraduate offerings in spring 2012.  We are very pleased that these three excellent instructors will be able to join our faculty for the spring semester.

Sincerely,
     Carol Harden

--
Carol Harden