Hey Guys!

Just to follow up about the volunteer opportunity...here are the details:

Sign up for the Be A Match registry and you could save the life of a Leukemia or blood cancer patient.  All it takes is a cheek swab.  Committed donors 18-24 are most needed.

Who? YOU!
What? Be A Match, Save a Life (or Volunteer!!).
When? Thursday Oct 25 2011  6-10pm
Where? Circle Park--Missions Tent
Why? Of the people in need of a bone marrow transplant, only 30% can find a match within their families.  That means that the other 70% rely on complete strangers to help save their lives.  There are two ways to donate, one of which is similar to donating plasma.  Come to Circle Park on Thursday to learn more about how you can help!

Even if you are not interested in registering to be a donor, you can still help out!  Come volunteer at the drive (6-10pm Circle Park) and help us pass out information, swab cheeks, and save lives.  :)

If you are volunteering, check in with Dan or Jeanette when you get there (if you don't see me...  I have lab until 6.30 but I am hoping to get out early and will be there ASAP)!

Just to reiterate: it is really important for us to get as many volunteer hours as possible.  I know this one is last minute, but it is on campus and doesn't cut into your weekend time.  Also, it is for a great cause and Sports Clubs likes for us to do stuff that helps other people, instead of only doing outdoors-oriented volunteer opportunities.  The more hours we get, the more money we get, the better trips we can take...so really you are helping yourself out, too!! :)

Hope to see some of you there tomorrow!
Any questions/comments/concerns?
Contact me:
Sarah Boop