(Please excuse cross-posting)

*Simmons Graduate School of Library and Information Science Continuing Education*

Social Tools for Company, Industry and Competitive Information

$250 (Simmons GSLIS Alumni Price $200)

November 1 - November 30, 2011 (Online - asynchronous)

PDPs: 15

Preview this workshop here.

Social tools are providing new information sources for company, market and organizational information. Building upon a base of “traditional” CI sources, we will examine some of the social sources currently available, and how information professionals can utilize these tools to find competitive and business information that complements traditional sources. We will look at strategies and tips for utilizing the most popular tools, including LinkedIn, Facebook, video sources and blogs. Participants will utilize the tools and techniques provided to research an organization of their choice.

Instructor: Scott Brown is the owner of Social Information Group an independent practice focused on the effective use of social networking tools for sharing and finding information. He has over 20 years of experience in public, academic and corporate libraries and has helped Fortune 500 companies, startups, government organizations, libraries and individuals understand and use these tools for their work.

For additional information or to register see http://gslis.simmons.edu/ce or contact [log in to unmask]

--

Kris Liberman '87LS

Program Manager