The I-95 Corridor Coalition is pleased to announce that it will be conducting the third offering of the highly acclaimed Freight Academy, from April 15-20, 2012.

The Freight Academy is a unique, week-long immersion program designed to efficiently train public sector agency staff involved in planning, operational, and/or management activities that impact goods movement decisions, investments and interactions.  Participants will have opportunities to see and learn from the perspectives of predominantly private sector instructors/ hosts about the inner workings of the goods movements system, including marine terminals, warehouse and distribution centers, air cargo operations, trucking operations, and rail operations. This offering builds on the strong foundations of the previous academy programs, while reflecting the ever-changing dynamics of freight movement in a global economy.

The Freight Academy classroom program will be conducted at the Center for Advanced Infrastructure Training (CAIT) at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ.  The program is open to public sector agency personnel from throughout North America.  A limited number of scholarships will be awarded to selected applicants from I-95 Corridor Coalition member/affiliate agencies.  Applications will be accepted between October 15 and December 15, 2011.

For more information on the Freight Academy and the application form please see: www.freightacademy.org.  Questions can be directed to I-95 Corridor Coalition Freight Program Coordinator, Marygrace Parker, at [log in to unmask].