Dear NASCO Educational Consortium and [log in to unmask]

Greetings. I’m sorry we haven’t been in touch in some time. But I had a very interesting international member request for information.

I wonder if any of you might be able to provide some direction and guidance.

Has there been or does any research exist “on public art programs for mega (highway) projects?”

Perhaps, “best practices” (Canada/US/Mexico/anywhere) on how public art for such major public infrastructure projects was executed. How the hiring process took place for any consultant, if any, worked. How funding and communications were done too. Etc., etc.

I know the Texas Dept. of Transportation has done some tilework and/or emblems and even painting, for example on the High Five gigantic interchange over the north Dallas crossing of North Central Expressway (U.S. 75) and IH 635, perhaps Texas’ busiest stretch of freeway (soon toll and managed lanes concession as well).

Any ideas you might share would be greatly appreciated.

Frank

Francisco Conde

Director of Communications and Special Projects

North America's Corridor Coalition, Inc.

901 Main St., Ste. 4400

Dallas TX 75202

Tel.: 214 744 1018

Fax: 214 744 1043

email: [log in to unmask]

web: www.nascocorridor.com

Be in the know now! Visit THE NASCO REPORT

http://tinyurl.com/3skk8x7