Colleagues,

I am working on a project to develop guidelines to support freight movement
on the local or county/region level.  We are including the concept of a freight
audit in the guidelines.  We have defined a freight audit as “a formal and
comprehensive examination of the latent and existing demand, supply, and
resources consumed, associated with the safe and efficient movement of
freight in a region.”

I see a freight audit as a data collection and analysis exercise to determine
the demand for freight facilities and the supply of the facilities in a city.  It
also includes consultation with stakeholders and field visits to see the state of
roads and other infrastructure.

Is anyone aware of a case study of a jurisdiction that has carried out a freight
audit?  Thank you for your assistance.

Regards,
Brett Sears