NYMTC, the MPO I work for, is about to begin an update to its freight plan.
We need to resolve the need for and importance of modelling, travel demand
forecasting, call it whatever you want, in the update. In the past we have
used modelling to obtain corridor truck assigments and consequently speed,
travel time, forecasted volume, and delay.

I would like to ask MPOs and state DOTs to respond to the following questions:

Have you used modelling (simulations) in the development of your freight plans?

Why did you think it was important?

If you have, what types of models have you used?

Thanks in advance for your input.