Friends –

Wasn’t the Oklahoma City conference fabulous?  Big cowboy boots to fill for future host institutions!  Nevertheless, Arkansas Extension is accepting the challenge and looking forward to hosting the 2012 Southern Region Conference in Little Rock. We hope to have dates and hotel information for you soon. The Southern Region Conference is such a good opportunity to share information, network, and experience the best the host state has to offer…

And speaking of host states, we’re still looking for a Southern Region institution willing to host the 2013 National Extension and Research Administrative Officers’ Conference (NERAOC). The 2012 NERAOC is in Morgantown, West Virginia, in May and the folks there have developed some very specific conference planning tools to guide future NERAOC hosting institutions. West Virginia will also be forwarding seed money to help the next host institution with 2013 conference preparations. I do hope you’ll talk to your administration about this opportunity to showcase your state in Spring 2013.

Now for my question:

Does your institution/Extension Service have a program that allows employees to perform volunteer community service during working hours without using annual leave (e.g., volunteering in the public schools or at local food banks)? Thanks in advance for your response.

Happy Halloween!

See you next year in Arkansas!

Donna Rothberg
Director of Human Resources
UA Cooperative Extension Service
2301 S. University Ave.

Little Rock, AR 72204
www.uaex.edu
phone (501) 671-2219

fax (501) 671-2251

NOTICE: This email may contain confidential or proprietary information and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, copy, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.