Greetings,

The Creative Communications web team is in the process of redesigning http://www.utk.edu. It’s been four years since we launched the last major redesign, and we are currently on target to launch a new design in early 2012. We’ll also be distributing new web templates and recommendations for departmental and organizational sites later in the spring, with the intent of supporting and encouraging a cohesive look and feel for all of the websites within our university family, as well as providing updated designs and tools that reflect the UT Knoxville brand as well as changing web standards, audience expectations, and end user needs.

We’d like to share our progress with you and solicit your feedback regarding the direction(s) we’re taking. To facilitate this process, we’ve set up a blog, http://creative.utk.edu, that will eventually become the website for the Creative Communications group at large. For much of the remainder of this year, it will collect posts on several subjects of note: our website redesign, the ongoing branding efforts, and announcements that may be of interest to our clients around campus.

On Friday afternoon, we posted three articles containing several wireframes that reflect the navigational structure we’re proposing for utk.edu, and we invite you to read those posts and leave us comments.

Before you read these posts, please be aware—these wireframes are not intended as mockups of the visual design of the utk.edu website. Instead, they are representations of the architectural framework upon which utk.edu will eventually be built. Mockups of the visual design are forthcoming.

With that last caveat firmly in mind, please begin with “Wireframes…What?” at http://creative.utk.edu/2011/10/wireframes-what/.

The next two posts, in chronological order, are:

“The Home Page Wireframe,” http://creative.utk.edu/2011/10/the-home-page-wireframe/, and

“Secondary Page Wireframes,” http://creative.utk.edu/2011/10/secondary-page-wireframes/

Thank you in advance for taking time to read these posts, review our wireframes, and offer constructive feedback. We’ll be posting more about this process in the coming months, so please check http://creative.utk.edu for updates.

Best,

Leigh

Leigh Shoemaker
Assistant Director, Creative Communications
Office of Communications & Marketing
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
91 Communications Building

p: (865) 974-3332
e: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html