EVENTS @ the TOYOTA -- Free & Open to the Public!
Nov. 1 @ 7 pm - "The Cost of Green Energy" with Dr. Tom Bogart
Nov. 3 @ 6 pm - "Presidential Perspectives" with Harvard Fellows, Ron Christie
and Linda Moore Forbes.
Join us on Tuesday, Nov. 1 at 7 pm in the Toyota Auditorium for a presentation
by Dr. Tom Bogart, president of Maryville College and author of  "The False
Promise of  Green Energy."

Dr. Bogart will discuss his book and sign copies following this presentation.
According to the publisher, the Cato Institute, The False Promise of Green
Energy, by Andrew P. Morriss, William T. Bogart, Roger E. Meiners, and Andrew
D. Dorchak, is a

"…nearly unprecedented evaluation of claims by green energy and green jobs
proponents that we can improve the economy and the environment, almost risk
free, by spending billions of dollars on what are ultimately false promises."

Dr. Bogart came to Maryville College in 2011.  He was an economics professor
at Case Western Reserve University and Dean of Academic Affairs at York
College of Pennsylvania.  Dr. Bogart holds a Ph.D. (1990) in Economics from
Princeton University where his work was recognized with the Outstanding
Dissertation Award from the National Tax Association.  He also authored The
Economics of Cities and Suburbs andDon't Call It Sprawl: Metropolitan Structure
in the Twenty-first Century, published in 2006.  Join us!

Free and open to the public!
Thursday, Nov.3 @ 6 pm in the Toyota Auditorium

Thanks to our partnership with the Harvard Institute of Politics, we have a
unique opportunity to talk with two Harvard fellows.  We will be "Skyping" with
Ron Christie and Linda Moore Forbes to hear about their work with the Bush and
Clinton presidential administrations.

Ron Christie and Linda Moore Forbes, two Harvard Fellows, will talk about their
work and answer student questions to help us all gain a better perspective on
life in the White House and the work of the President of the United States.

Come learn about the Clinton and Bush administrations – their similarities,
differences, major successes and failures, etc.  You don’t want to miss it!

Ron Christie, author and former special assistant to President George W. Bush
and deputy assistant to Vice President Cheney for domestic policy (2001–04).

Linda Moore Forbes, deputy assistant to President Bill Clinton and deputy
political director, the White House (1993–2001); senior advisor to U.S. Senator
Evan Bayh (2001–11).